My Top 5 Writing Tips
- 1. Join Romance Writers of America – it’s the best place to learn about this business and the friends you’ll make are worth the cost of dues.
- 2. Read voraciously – no matter time constraints or how difficult it becomes, never stop being a reader, chances are it’s why you decided to write.
- 3. Understand GMC – if you only read one craft book, you must read Debra Dixon’s, “Goal, Motivation and Conflict”.
- 4. Keep the joy – this business is hard and the further you get into it, the more difficult it becomes – never lose the joy of what brought you to writing, it will keep you going through the rough spots.
- 5. Write, write, write – sounds stupid, but wanting to write and actually doing it are very different, make writing a top priority.
Copyright © 2007. Robyn DeHart. All Rights Reserved.